my dog bite story


See these two?
If you know them, then you probably know what the HCFs (highest common factors) are.

Yeah,  that is my sister and i (Eloho & Erowo).

Fun obvious facts:
We share the same amazing parents
We have the same amazing brothers 
We have the same amazing sisters-inlaw
We share the same super nieces and nephews 

Sad and not obvious fact:
We have both been biten by dogs😭😭😭

Eloho was bitten by our family dogs during one of their fights😢🥺😭. 
Chiba and Timi were the accused😔.

Growing up these two dogs would have fights, i don't recall the cause of their fights but was witness to a couple of them. And the fights wete hortific, really bloody. It was like they were bent on killing themselves 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🥺.  They end up with injuries and we had to give them pain meds.

My siblings and i titled the fights "the Benin massacre "🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🙄.We grew up in Benin city. I don't recall who coined the name. So there were several "Benin massacres ", like Benin massacre I,II,III,IV....

I think someone had mentioned that if they got into fights we should pour cold water in them, especially on their heads and that the fights would stop. Well, that never worked 🤷‍♀️

On this day, while they were fighting we were trying to separate them and Eloho was doing her bit, maybe she was an over enthusiastic referee 🤭🤔, but she sadly got bitten by them on her legs. She wailed😔

Well, no first aid care was given🤦‍♀️(ignorant lot then😛). When my folks got back, she was taken to the hospital and treated. Great thing was our dogs were always up to date on their vaccination shots. So she was fine, just treated for the dog bites.

I got bitten as an adult 😭. I had a sleeoover at my cousin's and the dogs had not been put back in their kennels, unknown to us. And they attacked me🥺😭. I tried not to run or act hysterical but my arm was bitten. The dogs were also up to date with their vaccination shots and first aid was sufficient to manage the bite (not ignorant anymore, we are first aid learned 👏😁💪💃👍).

Have you or someone else you know suffered a dog bite before? 
Were you clueless or did you know exactly what to do?🤔

Being first aid learned is a massive plus, trust me😁.

You don't want to snooze on us for the next couple of days, we got vital info to dispense😉.

#Dogs
#Dogbites
#FirstAid
#FirstAidLearned
#FirstAidSavesLives
#TheFABS 
#BeFABulouS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHILD SAFETY: OUR HOMES HAVE MORE POISONOUS SUBSTANCES THAN WE REALIZE

What's the function of cotton buds in your first aid kit/box?

GIRL RESUSCITATES HER BROTHER BY PERFORMING CPR (VIDEO)